Tuesday 6 September 2011

Mr Mark Hopwood in the house!

He had a lovely holiday too!


Dear Dom

Thank you for your email and I am sorry for yesterdays delay. Our performance overall this summer has been disappointing but this last week has been much improved and this is the standard you should expect.

I can see that you have raised the issue of fares again. I know that this is an important issue for you and all our customers however, I thought that Sue had explained exactly where we stand with regard to January's increase but perhaps I need to reiterate that Season Ticket fares are regulated by the Government. They have chosen to impose a higher than inflation increase and the additional revenue generated over what would otherwise have been raised is passed straight back to HM Treasury. This is not therefore something over which I have any influence. Of course I understand that our customers don't welcome this increase but it is important to understand that this money is not retained by First Great Western.

I had a great holiday, thank you. I spent some time in France and travelled on a number of late running trains, which is maybe something I need to raise with SNCF!

Kind regards


Mark Hopwood
Managing Director

No comments:

Post a Comment