Wednesday 29 June 2011

29 June 2011. Letter 2

Dear Mark and Ms Sue Evans. (I don't feel comfortable calling you "Sue" just yet. Not until you have at least emailed me back personally. Let's not rush into familiarity. This is Britain, after all. Standards have to be maintained.)

Re: 08.06 FGW service from Oxford to Paddington, 29/6/11. Amount of my day wasted: 2 minutes.

First of all: congratulations! My train this morning was so much better - only two minutes late into Paddington. Accordingly, my email today shall be so much shorter. Fair's fair, after all.

To wit: just a quick one to say many thanks for your reply yesterday. I read it with great excitement: imagine! The Managing Director responding personally! I genuinely applaud you for that and I am grateful you took the time to do so.

However, because I am a man of my word, I won't waste any more than the promised two minutes of your time just now addressing some of the points you made in that mail. But I'm sure a longer delay to my train service soon will give me ample opportunity to discuss them at length. So that's something for us all to look forward to! (Even you, Ms Sue Evans!)

So, until then, au revoir! And fingers crossed for tonight's train home!

Dominic Utton

ps - you'll notice I've now started a blog. Isn't the whole social media thing a wonderful invention!

No comments:

Post a Comment